Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ditching the Dream by Isabelle Peterson






love triangle. This book took what I'm sure every woman in America has felt at one time and put it into words. We have all been there - walking around, but not really participating in life. Wanting more and feeling like more awaits, but hesitating to reach out and grab it. Wanting to live when all you have ever done is just exist. This is not your typical man loves woman book. This is a book about leaving a past to look for your future when perhaps the past has always been your future. It's about finding new love and friendships while trying to hang on to a marriage that died years ago.

When I started reading this book I found myself nodding my head in agreement with a lot of Elizabeth's reasoning. I know I should have felt bad for her husband, but I found myself hating him and even in the end I wanted to toss my Kindle while screaming "What the FUCK".
 
On Elizabeth's journey to find herself she meets two men. I fell in love with both, but one stole my heart - Jack. I loved him - he was relentless in his pursuit, but he also showed her a different side to love - passion. Now don't get me wrong - Kevin was awesome and sweet,  and although she learned something from him as well, it just wasn't there for me. Once Jack stole my heart and I felt comfortable he was on his way of stealing Elizabeth's as well, I was a goner. I want Jack and all of his secrets. There is something there and I need to know what he is hiding. With that said, I didn't agree with all of Elizabeth's moves. There were times I wanted to scream "Just pick one and quit screwing with them and their heads". I had to sit back though and realize she has never experienced life and whether right or wrong, this was what she was doing - experiencing.

I enjoyed reading this book. The writing and flow of the book was so smooth. I was worried about her having four separate pov, but she did an exceptional job with the transitioning into the next person's head. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed at the ending and had to sit on my review for a few as I found this book made me feel a lot of different emotions. I felt the author drug me through the trenches of hell with emotions and just when I saw the light at the end of the tunnel she closed the door and said just kidding. The warning should include - drinking while reading this book is a must, just to calm the need to want to throw your Kindle when situations don't go your way. HAHA






https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/18946660-tara-sizzling-pages-romance-reviewshttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18498420-ditching-the-dream?ac=1

https://www.facebook.com/https://twitter.com/TaralovesTugs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...