Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Always Conall By: Sibylla Matilde



It may be the Bitterroot series, but it’s always bittersweet when the end comes. Sibylla writes such endearing characters that you can’t help but fall in love with them. The tenderness that Conall treats Sage with makes you want to swoon. Sometimes you have to overcome loss, love and still have the ability to forget and forgive and go after your future. The push pull between Conall and Sage will have you wanting to jump in the book just to bang their heads together and scream just be together already…

I wanted to forget you, too,” Sage said morosely. “Even now, I still do. With you right here in front of me. Even after last night. It still hurts to think about when you left. How it felt to be so alone. How much I don’t want to care about you anymore.”

Conall and Sage have always been friends. Until a loss pushes them past a line that wasn’t meant to be crossed. After years pass the future collides with the past and the sparks begin to fly. Sage isn’t the same person she was 5 years ago. She had to grow up fast and learn the hard way that the people who are supposed to love us sometimes fail us the most. 

He tilted his head, leaning into my faint caress. “The one constant in my life…” he breathed, “is you.”

I’m usually the first person to say that I usually do not care to read about couples who are already friends. I say usually because Sib managed to make me see the light that sometimes reading about broken friendships being pieced back together can be a beautiful thing. 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/22124194-always-conall

https://www.facebook.com/SibyllaMatilde

www.facebook.com/twounrulygirls

www.twitter.com/twounrulygirls


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...