Monday, March 14, 2016

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tille Cole




I fell in love with Rune and Poppy at ages 5, 8, 12 and 15 but March 8th will be the day I left a piece of my book reading soul in ATBK and fell in love with the writing of Tillie Cole. I have never had a book make me feel so captivated with a story about a love so pure and genuine yet, left me so utterly broken that tears were running down my Kindle. I was, at one point, convinced that the tears were not all mine. That even my Kindle could feel the raw emotion that was poured into this book and was crying right along with me

Everyone wants a love like Johnny and June, but I want a love like Rune and Poppy. They loved young and they loved hard. It’s funny while reading this book, I kept thinking that Rune was the rock. He held it all together and while he may have been, Poppy was the glue that bonded them. These two characters are a bloggers dream. Four chapters in and I was smiling thinking, I can’t wait to write this review.I can't wait to ask Tillie Cole to marry me.

 In ten years we will still be talking about this book and we will still be telling everyone it’s a must read. You can read 300 books year after year, but this one will never leave your heart. I wanted to live in the moment of each kiss, I wanted every moment of the 1,000 kisses to seep into my soul. I wanted their moments to be my moments. It wasn’t just a book, it wasn’t just a story, it was a journey that I could have stayed on forever. ATBK makes you want to be a better person, love a little stronger and live each second to the fullest never taking anything for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...