Thursday, February 27, 2014

Inner Core By: Sigal Ehrlich

                                                        


Inner Core picks up where Layers left off - with my heart laying on the floor.  Finding the type of writing style that leaves you not wanting to put the book down doesn't come around too often.  Ms. Ehrlich has me hook, line, and sinker.  Going into a second book, I always have a fear that the characters will lose themselves while the story develops.  This is not the case as I fell more in love with Daniel and his cocky, confident, "won't take NO for an answer" self while Hales was still the same girl who held her ground. Please remember how much I love you Sigal, I will be yelling at some point in the last paragraph.
 What a brilliant end to a story, that at several points made me love and hate Daniel. Daniel is the type of book boyfriend that never loses his steam throughout the books. He is domineering and hard headed and for all the reasons you fell in love with him in Layers, in Inner Core you will want to rip your heart out and just hand it over.   Hales...Thank you for standing your ground in the toughest of times and although, at times, I wanted you to make him work for it, my heart bled for both of you.
It takes a lot for me to emotionally invest myself so much in a book that I feel every emotion I'm capable of feeling.   With that said, at about 42% I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.  I was so distraught that I didn't think I would finish the book.  Now, don't get me wrong, once I cussed 7 ways to Sunday and probably called the author (whom I adore) sixteen different names, I pushed on.  Thank fucking God - because my love for a character that I thought might have died became stronger. 
 Such talent that I'm in awe. Whatever your doing when writing your men don't fucking change a thing. The way you bring them into your story and make them dominate the show while making the reader feel like a 16 year old with her first crush is brilliant.





www.facebook.com/sizzlingpages

www.twitter.com/sizzlingpages

http://www.amazon.com/Inner-Core-Stark-Sigal-Ehrlich-ebook/dp/B00I1OJRV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393464582&sr=8-1&keywords=inner+core

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18739325-inner-core?bf=2000&from_search=true



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...