Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1)Craving Constellations by Nicole Jacquelyn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What do you when after one night of recklessness you walk away from the only life you have ever known? From the protection, the family and walk into your worst nightmare. After a mistake that put Brenna on the path of a abusive 5 year relationship of trying to save herself and her daughter,Brenna and Trix are on there way home back to the life she fled 5 years ago back to the man who knows none of her secrets.This is about wishing on the stars for redemption about becoming a fighter instead of the punching bag.This is a story of learning how to trust,how to find the inner warrior we all possess.Its about giving your daughter the name of a warrior when all she has ever seen is cowardliness.

description

I loved Dragons strength and his ability to be tender, but did I love him every moment?NO! I was so shocked at what the author wrote in this scene that i just stared at my kindle wishing it didn't happen.This is something I usually don't stand for but the way it was done in a sad way or maybe at least in my head I understood.My heart ached for these two,I felt the tears the pain and the struggle to try and mend a past that was destroyed with lies and betrayal.I wanted to judge while reading, i cant tell you how many times I thought "why didn't you just leave" but its always easy saying this when you are looking in and not living in the fear and haze that one day you may never walk away.

description

Its hard to find a balance between the back characters not over taking the main characters but she did I loved everyone in this book and felt like they provided a backbone when one was needed.This is not your average fall in love and live happily ever after.This a road less traveled to finding yourself and learning how to lean on people when it feels like the walls are falling.Its about walking into the sunset when all you have ever known are the dismal days of hell.

description














View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...