Monday, January 22, 2018

MIdnight Blue By L.J. Shen

LJ Shen continues to slay the book world with her words and stories. Midnight Blue stole my heart and captured my soul. The heartbreak was raw, the words were addicting and the story was captivating.  No matter how much I tried to slow down so it wouldn't end the need to get the next page was like an addiction.  I couldn't read this story fast enough.  Her words are like CPR...breathing life into a story that you cant live without.

It takes a lot for me to have a love hate relationship with a character, but I loved to hate Alex. He was everything I wanted him be and everything I didn't want him to be. He was crass and damaged and at the same time so charming and real and hopeful that I felt every word he spoke to Indie. No matter how hard they fought the chemistry sometimes the heart just knows before anything else. 

Some authors just have it and Ms. Shen has the IT like no other. Her writing is never the same. She has explored the depths and nailed it every fucking time. The overbearing asshole we all love, the cocky bastard with issues a mile long and yet, she just keeps getting better and better. Each page she writes is a game of  seduction that will leave you wanting and needing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...