Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Beautiful Catastrophe by Katheryn Kiden



I wasn’t sure what I was getting into with this book. I didn’t read a blurb or even know what the main characters names were. I went into just knowing it was a story. What a story it was. It was hopeful and heartbreaking beautiful all at the same time. It felt real and raw with each word. I didn’t know Deacon or Shay at the beginning of the story, but at the end I felt like I watched their emotional roller coaster take its final climb. 

Shay was such a strong character at times that you couldn’t help but love her, but the moments she let you in the quick glances of her pain that was what drew you in. Deacon… Deacon… At first I thought is he going to be this nice the whole time. You see, I usually like my men with a little more edge to them, but the more I kept reading from Deacon the more I fell in love with the softness that was him. 

Where I usually prefer my males to overshadow the females this book made me realize maybe I just needed to read the right book with a strong female. The female who may have been broken, but was strong enough to hold the pieces of other broken people together. She was a force to be reckoned with whether she was crying or laughing she held the pieces together even when she didn’t realize it. Ms. Kiden gives us a love story that peels all the layers back of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...