Sunday, July 22, 2018

Because You're Mine by Claire Contreras








I went into this book because of the title I'm not even going to lie. What I didn't know was this book would instantly top my 2018 top reads of the year. Ms. Contreras made this book come alive with a story that captivated you within the first few pages. Her writing took you on an adventure with the story, but her characters made you want to breathe the story in and never look back.

Catalina and Lorenzo want more. They want more of life, but neither knows how to ask for it. Catalina is a smart ass who refuses to do what everyone thinks she should. I loved how sassy she was and that she was not afraid to take the dangerous men in her life down a knotch.

It's not often you a read a book that draws you in so far you feel like you are part of the book. I found myself rooting Cat and Loren with every word I read. There is something about a jealous guy who wants his girl even when he shouldn't that just draws me in. 

I can tell you that Ms. Contreras is a new author to me, but in the next month or so you can guarantee that every book she has ever written will be devoured by me. She is a wizard with words and I can't wait to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...