Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Just One Year by Penelope Ward









I love me some Penelope Ward. I'm usually the first in line when a book drops, but this one for me, just lacked in keeping me engaged. I wanted to love Caleb and Teagan but it seemed like by the time I started getting into and them they went their separate ways.

I can say I did enjoy them both separately. I thought Teagan in the beginning was cold and untouchable, but as she warmed up and opened up I found she was actually strong and had the potential to love beyond measure. I loved that she found herself and was able to be strong for the people she considered family. I would've loved to get to dive into Caleb's life and head just a little bit more. The time when he was away, it just seemed like so much happened and we didn't get to be part of that journey. I think if we had the opportunity to watch him learn and grow and figure out his issues I would have felt a lot closer.

I think we all go through this as reader. I love Ms. Ward and her writing will always be at the top of my list. She has this way to make you laugh with her words and to make you feel like you are taking the journey with her characters.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...